With the holidays quickly approaching it is likely there will be lots of wine flowing along with the other festivities. So what happens when you accidentally spill your favorite glass of pinot? Whether it’s on clothes or carpeting, we’ve got the steps for removing red wine stains.
- Time is of the essence so you will want to try and rinse out as much of the stain as possible. If it’s a garment, run it under cold water. As for carpet or upholstery, dab the area with a wet, cold cloth.
- Next is the spot treatment. We recommend Biz Stain & Odor Eliminator. Red wine contains tannins, an organic substance that can be broken down by enzymes. Biz has more enzyme ingredients than most leading brands. The sooner you apply the spot treatment, the sooner Biz can get to work breaking down the wine stain.
- Wash the clothing item according to its care instructions. You can also help your detergent with Biz Liquid Boosters.
- Once the wash cycle is complete, check to make sure the stain is removed. If there is still some remaining repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Only when the red wine stain is completely gone will you want to dry. If you dry the garment with some stain remaining it will bake it in and back it even more difficult to remove.